10-27-2017, 07:50 AM   #8
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzvero View Post
Im planning to remodel bathroom and I like marble and its look. Planning to use marble on the floor but hesitant to use in the bathtub/shower. Any one have marble in the bathroom? Any regrets? Maintenance? Maybe some marble looking porcelain is better?
We used Carrara marble for our countertops and tub surround when we built our home about 14 years ago. It has been fine. Marble is porous, so if you do spill things on it, it needs to be wiped up reasonably quickly. You can bleach it if it does get a stain (don't ask me how I know). Sealing it is a good idea. You do need to be mindful of cleaning products. Keep all products containing acids away from it, or it will dissolve. We paired white subway tile with the Carrara marble, and I think it makes a classic look that ages well, but the trend now is more toward muted grays, often large pieces of tile, and decidedly more modern looking. The current trend is also away from built-in tubs and toward what wrickem shows in the photo -- standalone, self-contained tubs in various shapes.

Good luck with your bathroom project.

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00