View Single Post
      05-18-2019, 08:29 AM   #764
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Holy crap.....I haven't seen Jefferson's in years. I remember a long time ago when I was young and stupid, and had a lower back injury I kept trying to train through.

My current gym owner who was a competitive powerlifter in the 70's actually showed me that exercise. It allowed me to deadlift with virtually no pain while my back recovered.

I remember it was a very awkward exercise for me to learn, but being short and having a short range of motion I got pretty decent at it.

I need to research it again as I used it as a means to an end, but I didn't really approach it from a "gains" perspective.

I honestly thought of it as a rehab exercise during the time!
Yeah they are an exercise you don’t see many ppl doing. I’m the only one in my entire gym that does them. Or at least that I’m aware of. I’m not surprised your Powerlifting friend showed them to you. They definitely fall in the Combo Powerlifting movement category. What interesting is every time I do them I have someone come ask me about them. Happened yesterday when I was finished. A couple younger in shape guys were very curious. I was more then happy to explain and have them try it.

Knowledge is power!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00