07-29-2021, 06:40 PM   #4019
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames View Post
Couple weeks ago I had some burglars / fugitives run into my neighbors backyard, and I got a text from them that they were possibly in my backyard as well at 1am. So I grabbed my heater and turned on my backyard lights. Minutes after police knocked on my door so I of course check who is out front, put the heater away, and open the door.

My question is normally in a situation like this obviously I didn't want the police to be afraid of my 9mm / .45 when they are already investigating 4-5 burglar suspects on the run/hiding in the dark. So do I mention it at all or just put it away like I did and grab it again when the doors are closed ? Police did mention to me to stay inside and not go out back but I still grabbed my guns as protection while I watched the perimeter because I had sleeping toddler/baby.

I certainly listened to the police and didn't entertain stepping in my backyard as i could see the complications that would cause. I also didn't want the police pulling guns on me because I had a gun so I just put it away and then answered the door... but that slight minute before I knew it was a police officer I almost answered the door with a gun..

Not only that but I have a 15 round magazine that is obviously illegal here but I got it during the one week CA allowed 15 round mags to be purchased again sometime in 2017-2018. Just too many gray areas..
I think you handled it properly. You weren't a suspect/subject in the investigation, so there wouldn't have been any reason for a pat down or search. Additionally, you can carry your weapon in your home and on your private property.

Your "freedom week" mags are good to go BTW.
Appreciate 2
JamesGames1326.00
Murf99314114.00