View Single Post
      03-30-2023, 02:12 PM   #2
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Isnt evo 1 like meant for cars with boltons and stage 2 remaps max?
The moment you get hybrid turbos you should upgrade to a bigger FMIC anyway... like vrsf 7" or yes this EVO 2 kit you got..
I have had my eyes on these evo 2-s for some time.. They are pricy but my idea was that if some day my turbos get to the point of needing replacement i would surely not fit stock turbos back and would upgrade them to something with more potential. With evo2 i wouldnt have to upgrade my intercooler again and keep using it. And i love that this kit comes with all the necessary piping meant for e89. Also OEM intercooler quickconnects are said to be restrictive anyway as the inner diameter of the piping is smaller at the connection point.

And Wagner used to offer 2 versions of the EVO2:
1."Performance" which was bar and plate... meant more for street use.. as it had more resistance to heat soak but when it got heatsoaked took longer to cool down... great for odd pulls on the street... it was also a bit cheaper option

2. "Competition" which is tube and fin... this one was meant more for track use.. as its supposed to heatsoak a bit faster? but also cool down faster... So its supposed to be better for continous hammering at the track..
Also Competition variant is alot lighter due to tube and fin construction. And those big intercoolers do get heavy.

After a while Wagner stopped offering the Performace variant of EVO2 and now only the more expensive "Competition" version remains. At least i havent seen Performance version available anywhere for a while now.
Great purchase!