03-06-2020, 08:49 AM   #100
dmatre
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
So there's this guy at work who is super knowledgeable about wine. You can give him a name and he'll tell you some info and tasting notes about it. Was talking to him at one of the wine tasting events we have and he told me that his dad had him taste wine when he was something like 5 or 8 years old. He's not an alcoholic or anything like that, just very knowledgeable and enjoys wine.

Question is: would you guys let your kids taste whiskey or wine at the young age so that they can develop the palate and be able to differentiate and that knowledgeable about them?
Quick answer: yes.

When I was growing up, my Dad always set a small glass of what they were having (beer/wine) at our table. I likely had my first taste before I could talk.

Having grown up with it, it was never something that was forbidden - and thus more desirable. The guys at school who went nuts with alcohol were the ones who never tasted it until going off to school. The ones who had a small glass of wine or beer growing up had a much more reasonable relationship with alcohol after leaving home.

Edit for clarification: I'm talking about a small glass with a sip or two in it - not a full glass of my own.
Appreciate 1
Maynard3848.00