05-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #4
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by indulj View Post
Thanks for the insight. I might try to do it myself. I watched the video and it doesn't seem difficult, just a lot of steps, mostly things to remove. Just a little time consuming. Saving money at this point is a little more important to me than it was a couple weeks ago. I just had the water pump replaced, which I was informed was caused by oil leaking onto it from a leaking oil filter housing gasket. Also had the thermostat replaced per recommendation. All that fixed was around $1,700.
Im planning to do the same. Not that hard.
Had oil filter housing gasket done in january. I had new aux belt and tensioner put on because of it, and new coolant. Guess i was lucky with the waterpump then.Did it in a friendly local shop and paid around 500 eur. New gapped iridium spark plugs got installed in that price aswell.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...h-lid/8IblvEAp

Link to service manual. Can find tightening torques there.
Service manual says to remove injectors but DIY videos show that its clearly not actually needed.

Good luck!