View Single Post
      04-09-2024, 11:21 AM   #6
SteVTEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 335i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
The Y is very much a "basic bitch" car. Cheap too. TURRIBLE resale as well. Driving 6k a year they'll never make the price difference back vs a comparable (better built) Kia or Chevy or whatever.

Your car guy card is hereby revoked. You have failed your extended family, and also failed all of us car guys. We aren't mad, just disappointed.

What would you have suggested then? All things are relative. They weren't gonna go for a Kia/Chevy/whatever, EV or not. I did suggest a RAV4 Prime, but that was "basic b*tch" to them and didn't want another Toyota. Also mentioned X3 or a Mustang Mach-E, but no interest there either. And is something with a 0-60 in the 4 second range really a basic b*tch car? Lol.

Not too concerned about resale. If you bought in the past two years and paid 60-70k+, yes, you're hosed. Buying now, after price cuts last year, and on an in stock model with $5k on the hood, I think you're pretty safe. They will drive it for the next 10-15 years, so with that mentality you just have to be happy with what you pay right now, and not what it might be worth later. This is the first time I've ever heard of Tesla having a massive oversupply of in stock vehicles, and putting $5k on their hoods for people to drive away in them. They said the lot was overflowing with unsold vehicles.
Attached Images