View Single Post
      01-26-2021, 07:53 AM   #176
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Man kids take up a lot of your time.... Sorry there haven't been a ton of updates lately. I have been pretty busy and my dad has been working on the AC in the XJ Wagoneer, which requires the dash to be removed. We did finally get the E9 up on the lift to start fitting the headlights and work on some stuff underneath. This is a super small update but an important one.

My dad started by inspecting all the fenders and only found a small bit of surface rust in the drivers front. It looks worse in the photo then it does in real life. It will be encapsulated and touched up.

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

When we started this project, we didn't want a full resto. The plan was to fix it up enough to drive it and maybe flip it for a nicer one later on. It ended up being easier to fully repaint, but we were still scared of the rockers. They have a cover on them, that we decided to leave on when we painted it(I wish we didnt) because if we found rust it would have made for a much bigger project. Well the covers did need to be repainted, the screws holding it in were rusty, and the car might go back to the body shop for some touch ups.... so we pulled them. It was a miracle.

Just a couple spots of surface rust, but no rot. I need to buy some lottery tickets. This will be treated and touched up, and not seen once the covers are installed. More soon.

Last edited by MPOWER5266; 01-26-2021 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 4
chassis6552.50
wdb4732.00
Stumpel37.00