DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortality View Post
Hi guys,

I wanna install a rear view camera in my 2012 Z4. it has oem navigation.
should i buy an oem rear view camera, or can i use an aftermarket camera? I am unsure if my vehicle has the option/wiring of installing a rear view camera. Is it possible, and if so, how do I check if I am able to install a camera.
To the best of my knowledge there is no OEM rear view camera option for the e89, so it would have to be aftermarket with an interface box into your iDrive screen (assuming you have iDrive!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortality View Post
Another question that I have is about my rear view mirror. It currently does not have a dimming function and would very much like to replace it with a rear view mirror that does. I found a used one online, but am unsure if I can install it. Does this have to be pre-wired as well?

I have gotten great advice on here before, and hope to receive some more great advice and links to videos on how to go about this project.

Thanks so much for reading and replying!
As for the dimming interior mirror, yes this is possible but needs extra wiring and also coding into the cars system.
I'm about to undertake this myself and video the install for my YouTube channel, but I've still not got around to it after 8 months of having all the bits

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 0