View Single Post
      06-26-2023, 02:14 PM   #13
RenanV
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard45677 View Post
Just came across this because I have the same code. Not much around about this one. I consider myself an expert on this CTM module by now and fixing broken wires and sensors on my 30i for three years. I'm stuck on this code.

It appeared after I had put the roof all the way down into the trunk and the trunk shut back properly. The mechanical process of having the roof down is done but the computer doesn't know that. I can't open the soft close trunk door with my Foxwell device or get to the emergency trunk open latch inside because now the roof is in the way.

Interested in that software you used Renan to get the soft close open. Could you tell me where to find that?
Hey Richard! Sorry for the late reply, just came back from holidays!
You have the same problem I had but the exact opposite, mine was when I had to close it.
Check EVERY connections from the hardtop electrical harness to the different
hall sensors.

But yes, at first you'll need to gain access to the boot.
I have "found" an ISTA-D version on a website, with a boat sailing (if you know what I mean), installed in a laptop dedicated to this.
You'll need the correct USB-OBD cable, and set up ISTA-D correctly (it's really a PITA...), then you'll need to be used to it, it's powerfull but you'll need to understand how it works.

Sometimes it allow you to open the softclose, sometimes it won't... but you'll hear it move.
Of course, the boot opening option is in the CTM module!

Good luck to you!
Appreciate 0