10-15-2021, 07:21 AM   #23
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
I think he is saying that modern large luxo SUVs is pricier than 911s which he is right. He can't understand why because he doesn't have kids. Hell I have kids I still don't get why spend all that money when the kids'd just ruin all that leather, precious buttons and screens with mud, sand, snow, ice cream, munchies, mysterious rocks and plants they drag with them. I kinda do, but don't understand that mentality either.

The mentality is if you're going to buy a car like this anyway, it may as well be something worth buying and driving so long as the budget permits. I'll admit, I've never shopped this car because I thought second row captain's chairs with a passthrough weren't available. All of the photos I've ever seen showed a second row bench. But if it does exist on this generation, this is an almost certain purchase for me once the market comes back down to Earth in a few months or years.

I'm not loyal to any brand, but my wife loves Lexus, and won't drive a minivan, so this is the winner for me. She hates changing cars too, so I know she'll drive this for 15-20 years as long as she doesn't smash it. Her 2016 RX350 currently has 31k miles on it, so this could potentially get us through until our kids are beyond college age and we don't even need it anymore.

That, and this one purchase would let me buy more of my own cars over time with that leftover budget