01-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #9
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker1961 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if this is something you have to get use to when driving any sports car.. getting in and out of it!? It sits so low to the ground, is it something I'd get use to or hate forever!? My current car is a mini cooper, but it doesn't feel all that low to the ground, and getting in and out is easier for sure.
As my kids remind me Dad your so short - ok so I was 5'6 when I was younger and now I'm older and shrinking. So my seat is not all the way forward but not far from it, as I have one of those nasty 6sp MT that requires that I fully depress that third pedal.

Anyway I plant my arse in the seat first and then swivel in with my legs other wise I am knocking my right knee into the steering wheel if I try to step in and get all convoluted. Much easier on the back as well.

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0