View Single Post
      01-10-2021, 02:10 AM   #10
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Maybe this oil is from the valve cover gasket job. Was not cleaned up well enough? It is a messy job. Valve cover is oily on the inside when taking it off and putting it back on.

The under car paneling is so good on these cars that i have never had drips on the ground at my parking spot, garage etc.

And i have had:
DCT leak: whole dct underside was oily, Only noticed when on a lift and peeked behind panels.
Oil filter housing leak: Whole front of the engine was oily. Still no drips on the ground. It was all contained by the paneling.
Valve cover. Leaked from the back of it and dripped down on downpipes etc. Again nothing on the ground.

I think oil on coilpacks is extreme situtation. Happens when you ignore it and drive on with faulty cover or gasket for extended amounts of time. I changed all my coilpacks aswell like 4-5 months before doing the valvecover and they were dry.