View Single Post
      11-09-2018, 07:18 PM   #106
brettbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQx View Post
I shared a moment with a Porsche Boxter the other day, he was stopped at lights as I was driving in the other direction - he saw me staring at his car and I saw him staring at mine as I drove past. ... It was nice.

But the way I drive is likely to make people irate. I'm courteous and polite - I'll make room for someone to get in in front of me; I'll jump into the slow lane and slow down to let someone past if they've caught up to me from behind - but I'm assertive (which many would describe as "aggressive) and I'm trying to get to my location as quickly as possible without breaking the law. I'll duck and weave if traffic permits, I'll overtake in convoy traffic when it only lands me 3 cars in front and i'll happily take 'rat running routes' to get to my destination quickly. I'm that guy ducking in at the last minute on that lane that ends - because why voluntarily put yourself 20 cars behind when you know someone will let you in at the front?

I drive a little black BMW convertible and I drive it fast. I wouldn't say any hate directed my way is _because_ of the badge - but I'm sure I get pigeonholed as a prick in a BMW (or if I drove a Porsche it'd be a rich prick in a Porsche) rather than a hoon in a Subaru or some yobbo in a Ford.

But I see other drivers a 'non-playing characters' on the road. ... like the hostages in counterstrike - I swear most drivers are *TRYING* to get in my way. Bit I treat everybody with respect, but I don't read any malice into their actions and I don't take any actions to try to 'teach them' anything. If one person doesn't let me in - that's their prerogative - generally speaking, the next person will. There's no need to get upset.

As for police attention ... i haven't got a ticket in over a decade (touch wood). I think it'd be a different story if I was driving a XR6 or a Nissan Skyline.
Well at least your honest...thats what I like..sounds like how I drive....lol
Appreciate 0