View Single Post
      08-25-2018, 12:52 PM   #1
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

BMW considering charging for Driving Assistant/Parking Assistant subscription?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So this morning I received an invitation email for a survey from the BMW Board of Drivers panel. Upon following the link, it asked me a couple beginning questions about if I still have my current car, etc. It then went into a description of what Driving Assistance Plus and Driving Assistance Professional are and the differences between them, and also explained what Parking Assistance was.

The survey then offered me a list of options to choose which I would consider, and the options for them were monthly/annual plans, in a fashion similar to how Apple CarPlay has moved to an annual plan instead of paying upfront for it. I don't recall the DA+ pricing, but the Driving Assistance Professional(the higher end option of the two) was offered two options, either a monthly charge of $25.00 or an annual charge of $240(the equivalent of $20/mo). The Parking Assistance option was ridiculously priced in my opinion, either $70/mo or $780 annually($65/mo equivalent).

Unfortunately, there was no option for me to select that I would not like those options to be priced like that, and would rather pay the upfront cost rather than have to pay monthly for them. It makes me wonder if even more options/features will end up going towards this type of pricing structure in the future.
Appreciate 2