View Single Post
      09-16-2016, 01:11 PM   #35
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
the bigger epidemic is less activity and more eating of unhealthy foods. Has nothing to do with the medical profession and this "Agenda" you think they are pushing. It is pretty easy to not get fat. Its easy to not eat a ton of crappy foods and drink crappy drinks. Its easy to exercise regularly. Just have to want to not be lazy. The lazy persons excuse for being fat is to blame someone else.

It is a proven fact that people are less active now, then they have been in the past, and unhealthy foods are easier/cheaper than healthy foods.
They are also more "pushed" by big sugar and society though than they ever have been, so unhealthy/high in sugar foods are more prevalent in the subconscious subliminal advertising way as well.

A healthy balanced breakfast includes honey nut cheerios, an orange juice, a banana, a coffee with milk and sugar, and 2 slices of toast? That's more carbs and sugar than I eat in a week when I'm trying to lose weight, and its the same message on all the kids cereal/breakfast commercials.

Its unfair to blanket medical professionals as evil, but I think its totally fair to blanket any company that profits from a product that lists any of the following as one of their primary ingredients as unethical to say the least. . . Since they are just different disguised names for sugar that the common consumer doesn't know about:

Agave nectar
Barbados sugar
Barley malt
Barley malt syrup
Beet sugar
Brown sugar
Buttered syrup
Cane juice
Cane juice crystals
Cane sugar
Caramel
Carob syrup
Castor sugar
Coconut palm sugar
Coconut sugar
Confectioner's sugar
Corn sweetener
Corn syrup
Corn syrup solids
Date sugar
Dehydrated cane juice
Demerara sugar
Dextrin
Dextrose
Evaporated cane juice
Free-flowing brown sugars
Fructose
Fruit juice
Fruit juice concentrate
Glucose
Glucose solids
Golden sugar
Golden syrup
Grape sugar
HFCS (High-Fructose Corn Syrup)
Honey
Icing sugar
Invert sugar
Malt syrup
Maltodextrin
Maltol
Maltose
Mannose
Maple syrup
Molasses
Muscovado
Palm sugar
Panocha
Powdered sugar
Raw sugar
Refiner's syrup
Rice syrup
Saccharose
Sorghum Syrup
Sucrose
Sugar (granulated)
Sweet Sorghum
Syrup
Treacle
Turbinado sugar
Yellow sugar

I'll let you guys keep bashing each other from the sidelines here now that I weighed in again

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0