View Single Post
      08-01-2017, 08:41 AM   #150
Lurcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 z4

I'd say that most people would put the amp in and call it a day - that is - if a specific sound file is installed/available for the z4.

If you are physically replacing the amp - you are already investing some time just to get to it - no "easy access panel" like in my x3. I'd suspect at this point someone would be replacing the speakers as well (I'v had the stock speakers with my amp for 3 yrs now, but only drove 8k miles mostly with the top down), so they would be doing the speakers as well. If you do the speakers, **and** read about this issue, then why not run the wire and correct things.

Or be lazy like I was and have a shop do all of this for you...

Putting this amp in with zero configuration drove me nuts, as I tried it :-). It actually sounds worse than stock (as expected). Obviously Bavsound does not have a file for our cars, and they have only sold 2 of these amps, so they are probably not too concerned about any of this. I'd dare say 75% of the people getting this amp will never tune it farther than the stock configuration, regardless.

Lots of rambling, but on the e38 board, we saw a lot of new blood coming in when the price point got below ~$10k, and the modding was much more active. Will be interesting to see what happens here....
Appreciate 1
fmorelli161.50