jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

Correct,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky John View Post
The copper pipe with the meter/pressure indicator is the main water in. Interesting you have a meter in the house.
correct, I just replaced this along with the outside vent

Quote:
The large silver pipe next to it is the outlet for the dryer-don't let it get full of lint.

right and this is what I'm trying to work out what it is,
wife got the house from new, no remodel, so the original home builder,
put this in

Quote:
The extra black pipe that is not connected is an oddity left over from an old remodel? It should be capped or have a charcoal filter on it. It could be the source of the smell.
I checked , yes there is a p-trap

Quote:
The pee trap under a sink is to keep sewer gas from coming up and into the house and catch small items (rings) from going down into the system. The p traps should be kept clean and have water in them-that stops the gas. If you have a clogged ptrap under a sink they are easy to clear it is just gross.
Quote:
Any competent contractor will know what all of these are however you should know before remodeling the basement moving water/sewage lines is expensive so usually plan on keeping them where they are. Ditto for electricity and main panels.

SO....

1> planned re-model, in the corner where the "above toilet sewage pipe is" wife is planning on having a washroom (toilet/walk in shower) the rest is open concept, the laundry and HVAC/boilers will be drywalled into it's own little area

2> The utility sink appears to have a white tube, running from the facet, I believe it's what's known as a "trap primer", as there is a drain for emergency run-ouffs in the floor, so this , runs a little water into the drain to stop it from drying out and getting the smells

a little more digging around to do, but thoes 2 open tubes have me flummoxed
Appreciate 0