View Single Post
      05-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #20
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
So i was talking to this juice head that works at starbucks and he laughed at me when I told him I do legs and biceps in one day. And I quote "brahh you don't need to work your biceps out, they get enough exercise when you're doing other muscles." I donno how I feel about this but if I don't work my biceps out they don't look as big.

Any truth to this?
Yes and no.

If you have your routine together, and have a solid back work out, no, bicep exercises wouldn't be 'needed'. Deadlifts, pull up variations, rows, pull downs, various kettle bell movements, etc provide quite a bit of stimulation [giggity] to the biceps, which are extremely small BTW.

Despite this I still like to isolate them if for no other reason than self satisfaction. There are 2 specific curls that I do, however, that I do feel are helpful.

Reverse grip curls, I use an ez bar with fixed weight, hands over the top, curl with strict form.

Hammer curls.

As far as reps, with biceps I do real low reps high weight, They get trained well on back days so if I'm trying to gain anything by isolating them it's just mass.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0