Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcw View Post
Unlike you I'm not a lawyer, but this statement is just ludicrous! So by that argument I would void the entire cars warranty if I decide to put snow tires on my car in the winter? Are they listening to themselves? Please, do yourself a favor and a) find a new dealer and b) talk to BMWNA directly. I must say, this is about the most insane statement I have heard from a dealer.
I heard a few better ones in the Great State of Idaho at a BMW Dealership;

1) Sorry you only have 2 Options since "WE DO NOT DEAL WITH CANADIAN CARS IN THE US AS FAR AS WARRANTY IS CONCERNED OUR WARRANTY POLICIES ARE NOT THE SAME AS THE CANADIAN ONE" you only have 2 Options open to you a) call Road Side Assistance and they will tow you to the nearest Canadian Dealership (oh yes some 1,000 miles northbound LOL I was thinking) or b) we order you a wheel and you pay us then take the wheel back to Canada or ship it.

and ....

2) When the new wheel arrived (yes I did order the wheel, I figured I best take the "b" option offered to me since "a" might purchase 2 new wheels rather then paying the towing charge LOL) anyway I was then told "SORRY WE DON'T HANDLE WHEEL TIRE WORK THIS IS DONE BY THE TIRE SHOP DOWN THE STREET, WE TAKE YOU THERE" So I followed and watched the friendly tire shop damaged my already cracked wheel.

Something to think about when Canadians make there way down south in a BMW and for our American friends when they venture north in there BMW. Best leave such trips for later when your car no longer is under warranty. If I venture south in the next 3 1/2 years I be sure to take our reliable US build by FORD Jaguar. LOL

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 10-01-2010 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 0