Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBMW View Post
Three things:

1. I accept complete responsibility for any "damage" caused by my wife's mods to the e89 and I will sign an affidavit stating so, BUT the HPFP was not damaged by these mods so fix it dangit! I mean seriously, are they now going to balk on the HPFP because of the power mods? I guess the answer at this time is "maybe" - that is really pathetic. Buy an iS and do not touch it for goodness sake, not even to install an exhaust system.

2. If BMW rejects the warranty on a known defect with the defectively designed HPFP, I will not go away; then "lawyer Vintage" comes out.

3. If 2 above occurs, I will sell the e89 at a loss immediately, buy my wife a Porsche 911S, and then start haunting this forum to bash BMWs at every opportunity even though I am a BMW lifer - that will change if BMW continues down this myopic path. I am thinking 911S Copue or Cabriolet, PDK, Sport PASM, Sport Exhaust (from Porsche), Bose upgrade, Ventilated and Heated Seats, etc. What color combination?
I feel for you and hope you get your issues resolved. I do have similar feelings since I lost 2 rear wheels during my US trip this year with the odometer at near 18,000 KM (11,180 Miles). You may have seen my posts on this issue. The long and short of it is ... It may be slightly off subject here ... still worth mentioning since it is a warranty issue still the same.

A) BMW in Idaho made my purchase a wheel told me to claim warranty in Canada. The excuse was oh our warranty policies in the US and Canada are different. So I took the cracked wheel all the way back to Canada.

B) When BMW in Idaho got my new wheel they directed me to the friendly tire shop down the street. Sorry they said, we don't do this here in our shop (sure I was thinking you sell expensive cars and know how to check and adjust tire pressure, when it comes to delicate alloy wheels you let others handle that shore). The tire shop promptly changed my wheel, however, in the process damaged the wheel that was cracked.

C) During the change out of the driver side rear wheel I found the passenger side wheel also cracked (hairline cracks at that time) in two places. I decided to drive home with that around another 3,000 KM.

D) Back in Canada my BMW dealer changed the passenger side rear wheel under warranty, however, the driver side rear wheel (open crack causing a flat in Idaho) they did not change under warranty. So I am out about $1,000- Canadian with hotel and expenses.

I will drive this car since I like it, however, based upon BMW's reply to my letter I might join you with the bashing every chance I get not only in this forum also in other.

PS 1. Photos of the wheel story can be found in my garage

PS 2. If any of you are wondering ... yes BMW still not responding, I think my case is solid, both wheels cracked they replaced one and not the other. The one they did not replace was damaged in a tire shop they use for there work. If BMW had removed the tire and damaged the wheel with gauge marks (see gauge marks on the wheel in my garage Photo Page 3 ... Photos 3 and 4) then they would have had no choice to replace it forthwith under there warranty and shop liability. They must have insurance for such incidents when handling customers property?

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 09-30-2010 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: Added PS 1 and 2
Appreciate 0