09-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #36
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
Not wanting to deal with non-factory parts is likely the culprit. With factory parts if they happen to damage a part during repair it is very easy for them to replace. Aftermarket parts they are at the mercy of the part manufacturer and could lose a substantial amount of money should a part be damaged.
I would have DEFINITELY purchased a factory "power kit" and "exhaust" but they are NOT offered by BMW for the e89 (ridiculous considering the new iS version and the power kit for the 335!!! This is something I have complained about loudly and often but to no avail; so, BMW forced me to look elsewhere and now may try to punish me for it. Make no mistake, this is not just a local dealer issue as it is now sitting on BMWNA's desk to make the call.

Frankly, at this point I am thinking I should have just bought my wife an M3 coupe, thrown the Akropovic titanium exhaust on it and been done with it, but I am a happily married man so I purchased what she wanted - a Z4. It is a great car but jeeze . . .
Appreciate 0