06-23-2022, 01:32 PM   #44
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
SOme of the prices being bandied about are absurd, and knowing you americans it's likely 50% more with all the hidden fees and charges.
I believe it's standard to tip the mouse 30% for mediocre service and 50% for ok service.

I mean... if you are even contemplating forking $20k for a week vacation then I guess you must make enough that it doesn't matter. I would equate it to me not really looking at prices when I go to the grocery store. I rarely go (my gf usually does) but when I need something I just get what I need and pay whatever it is.

I mean I think I make a decent living, but $20k on a week vacation is not even something that would be in consideration. I might as well look into renting a private island full of supermodels because that's about as likely to happen as a $20k Disney vacation.

When we use to go frequently it was a long time ago and I was certainly not making all that much. I would constantly get calls from the timeshares up there offering me 3 nights for free to go to their shitty meetings. I would milk that all the time until they caught on I wasn't buying their crap and they stopped calling. However at the time it was great. Free room at some pretty nice places in exchange for an hour or two of me telling them to fuck off was totally worth it at the time.
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4490.50