06-23-2022, 11:48 AM   #31
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
First, congratulations on being a dad. Regarding the trip, my advice would be to try to get past the screaming kid fear and try to enjoy the experience as if you were a kid again. For you to watch your daughter having the time of her life will be a lot more fun for you if you are not hating hearing the screaming kids.

I used to be that guy. My wife, with her infinite wisdom, told me to man up and enjoy watching the kids having so much fun. I took her advice and actually enjoyed myself. That was many years ago and now we are doing the same thing again with grand kids.

Regarding budget, 10k sounds fine if you are okay staying outside the park. You can get a very nice room for less than 2k for the week. Check booking.com and see for yourself. Park ticket prices are $109 per day adult so even if you went 7 days, that's 2k more. That leaves 6k for everything else, or 1k per day. To me, that's doable. Of course if you want to go for it, you can eat up 10k in a hurry.

Have fun being a kid again!
That's definitely a good attitude to have... and in reality I'm sure once I'm there I'll make the most of it.

What can you spend $1k per day budget on outside of food? If the tickets and hotels are all booked already.... $1k a day seems a bit excessive...

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0