09-27-2016, 01:11 PM   #69
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
This is the biggest pile of bullshit in this thread. Clearly you had your head up your *arse for "Nearly a decade" while living here. Every single game has been sold out since Allen bought the team in the late 90's. Superbowl 2005?! What you and other clueless people don't get is that the Fan base of the Seahawks have always been local, Northwest, not nationwide like the Cowboys or Steelers etc.. This accounts for a lower viewership throughout the country but that has nothing to do with the fans here. As their success has become more consistent you have fans popping out of the woodwork around the country. THAT IS NEW and I'm sure very annoying. But as a season ticket holder for "Nearly a Decade" and a fan for over 30 years, I can attest first hand that your presumption, though a popular narrative, is completely wrong.

As for the "cheating"? Please, it's not like they tampered with another team or a game! They got fined for too much physical contact during OTA's, for the 2nd time. I go to a couple practices a year and they are intense. Several fights broke out this and every year, it's just how they practice. Carol tried to reign them in this year when it got too physical by ordering helmet removed but reportedly they were still hitting each other. If anything it's a coaching failure in controlling the team.

You can call into question their the holds/hand checking down the field by Sherman and co. but to lump this violation in with the established Cheaters who attempt to impact games outcome on an Administrative/Coaching level is asinine.
Ha typical salty Seahawks fan getting pissy when his bandwagon fanbase and annoying crop of cocky players gets called out. Selling out a stadium doesn't mean anything, even Detroit has done it for years with a crappy team, crappy economy, and 3 other major professional sports teams to compete for business with! There are only 8 home games a year, every team outside of Florida and SoCal is going to sell out. Seattle loves their Hawks so much the team nearly packed up and left town 20 years ago. I am speaking pure facts only, the Seahawks' home TV viewership was in the bottom 1/4 of the NFL and social media followers were as well, even less than the Detroit Lions before Petey and Wilson came to town.

From my experience living in the Seattle area, I have mostly positive and very few negative things to say, but there is no doubt in my mind that Seattle at its core is NOT a sports town in any way shape or form. Support for the Huskies (my alma mater) is pathetic compared to Div 1 schools in other states, support for the Mariners is [understandably] horrible, and they love the NBA so much that the team left a decade ago. And yes I have seen Sonicsgate, but I guarantee you Clay Bennett couldn't have swept into a small city like Portland or Sacramento where they love basketball and steal their team, there is too much fan support. I moved to Seattle from a city with huge NBA support and noticed that nobody gave a dam about the Sonics. I was trying to purchase some vintage Sonics gear a month ago and couldn't find a place in the entire Eastside that carried anything! Had to drive all the way to Cap Hill to a small little boutique store, either that or shell out $50 online to Mitchell & Ness for a t-shirt.
Appreciate 0