View Single Post
      05-06-2022, 05:43 PM   #14
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline408 View Post
I totally get it if they don't want to do out of state. But this is a local to me dealer. I mean they are bicycling distance from my house.

They actually called me back today and said they will make an exception and allow me to be put on their order wait list. I politely declined
Good for you! Don't feed those trolls!

Last I checked, my $$$ is good no matter what State I'm in. And any business practice restricting trade to attempt to influence the increased business or denial of, due to a lack of retention of services, ie, warranty or maintenance is definitely something I would probably also contact the State AG Office to file a complain about possible collusion and racketeering by organized dealerships that band together to effectuate the plan. Especially if multiple are rendering this agreement across state lines!

Simply amazing...

Could you imagine a Hotel denying you a room unless you ate in their restaurant only? How about a gas/service station refusing gasoline unless you sign a contract to do your oil changes there?...

Again, if that's the dealers position, ok, great, have a good time, I'll take my $ elsewhere. And if every single dealer does it, then it's onto another brand, sorry!

Again, glad you moved on. Good luck!
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6734.50