01-05-2020, 01:41 AM   #2
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glimmer View Post
I have a 2009 Z4 where the heat or AC keeps turning on after I have turned it off. It seems that it is caused by the fan switch in the Climate control module. The part is expensive and there are different part numbers although they all look the same. How would I know which one is comparable with my car?
Mine does the same sometimes, and I found it to be caused by the temperature knob developing a fuzzy connection over time. Basically if you turn off the climate control and then turn one of the temp knobs, it causes the climate control to turn on at the lowest fan setting. So imagine the temp knob not having a good connection, and you go over a bump with the climate control off, then the vibration may cause a connection spike in the temp knob, falsely telling the control that the knob was touched, and it turns on.

The solution is to clean the connection inside the temp knob a bit. The way you do this is by simply turning both knobs back and forth a few times. Then leave them in what feels like a good click and turn off the climate control. This should keep the climate control staying off for a good amount of time while you are driving top down.
Appreciate 0