View Single Post
      08-18-2022, 03:24 AM   #39
Neg89
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e89 3,5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZVaN_17 View Post
Did you manage to find out what was the problem?
I have the same issue for my '13 E89 28i.
The front starts randomly to oscillate from left to right at speeds over 120kph.
The higher the speed the more worse it gets.
I also find it more stable in COMFORT MODE then in SPORT & SPORT+ mode.
I just checked the electronic adaptive dampers in shop and they are between 85%-91% OK.
From what I read here the EPS uses sensors to identify the position of the steering rack and tries to dampen any unwanted oscillations using the EPS motor.
Maybe we have a faulty sensor inside the EPS unit which is feeding faulty data to the EPS ECU. This would also confirm why the car feels different in COMFORT/SPORT/SPORT+ as the ECU will output different levels of adjustments depending on the mode we are in.
I am also waiting for a new set of Continental SC7 for the fronts to see if anything changes.
Hi yes I find the problem the problem was where I was thinking it from the beginning and everyone wanted to stare away me from that. That problem is the steering rack itself and you can try how many different steering racks you want they all will be the same, I really don't know how BMW let out this car from the factory with such a design flaw. The problem is in the steering rack motor inertia I change it the s*** rack for the hydraulic one from the M3 and all my problems was gone and the car is better than ever. If you want specific details how to do that you can contact me
Appreciate 0