03-19-2023, 09:59 PM   #1681
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Most people don't have a lift and the full tools necessary to do the repairs to keep an older car viable as the miles start to rack up. Example, my Honda pilot was going through suspension bushings yearly...then there was the steering rack, shocks, those wear items start to add up big time. With a lift and tools, you can keep them running relatively easily....but without, after a point it gets to be fairly impractical. It's almost never going to be a good idea to buy a new car...as in a brand new car with new car markup, but people are going to do it to have something nice and new and if that's too much, dumping the old car for a nearly-new can often (depending on the times) can still be a lot less headaches.
03 pilot 194 miles

only changed the oil every 4 months and the timing belt once. Im sure the suspension was shot but it still drives smooth.

edit: I do understand what you are saying, but lets be real here. people buy new things in the fear of them breaking down the road...the idea of money spent vs saved vs future cost is not very well connected.

also they just buy new things because the dealer scams them by giving them massive trade in, lowers their payments, puts them more underwater....but HEYYY I can't do math
Appreciate 0