View Single Post
      03-18-2023, 12:50 PM   #1658
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I did some EV homework today based on data from an article by Car and Driver that had most of all the EV for sale in the USA listed by MPGe rating. I have to say if you are a homeowner with private charging capability and need/want an inexpensive A-to-B daily commuter, I just don't see how you can pass up on the Chevrolet Bolt EV or the slightly larger Bolt EUV. Assuming you qualify for the US Federal tax credit of $7,500 a Bolt EV or EUV comes in well under $100/per range (in miles), meaning the MSRP - the $7,500 tax credit divided by the range in miles. The Bolt EUV MSRP is $28,795 and with fellow future US Tax payers footing the bill - less $7,500, the Bolt EUV is just $21,295 (chump change). The EPA range is 247 miles. No way would you'd road trip it in the USA, but for most around town use, it's a damned compelling price point. It's no uglier than a Model 3 from my POV and actually looks nearly like a normal car inside and out.

With my current commute of around 170 miles a week, I could charge it once a week over at the garage and easily live with it as a daily.
And I say if it makes sense for you then great. But it making sense for you shouldn't be the grounds for the government forcing EV's on everyone else, many of whom it might not make sense for.

I think this and the other common sense arguments surrounding increased capacity and grid upgrades that constantly get posted here are what the underlying theme among a great many posters on this thread is.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59985.00