View Single Post
      09-27-2021, 11:09 AM   #1
Gregrobin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

She wants me to drive the 335i while she drives my daily driver

GFs car was recently rear ended. It's in the body/collision shop for repairs. It's going to take 10 days longer to repair than originally estimated. She's in a rental car, other drivers insurance is paying, but she has to pay $20 a day for the Collision Damage Waiver since she does not have Comp/Collision coverage on her car. I convinced her to remove it about a year ago since her car is only worth $5000+-.

She asked if she could return the rental car to save $200 ($20 x 10 days) and use my daily driver, and I drive the 335i as a daily driver. Anxiety rushed over me. The 335i sits in the garage, does not see wet roads, was never meant to be a daily driver. I even recently removed all of the surface rust from the brakes/calipers/rotors. More anxiety rushes over me...

I told her I would pay the $200. She said I am being ridiculous and selfish. The conversation got a little more heated...that was Saturday.

What would you do?