fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Glocks actually have 3 safeties. Drop, trigger and firing pin safety.

If you carry unchambered, then you may either need more training, a new holster with better retention, or both.
In my experience and from my understanding there is only one way for a Clock to fire a round and that requires the trigger being pulled.
I thought that applied to all handguns except for the P320!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarPundit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Glocks actually have 3 safeties. Drop, trigger and firing pin safety.

If you carry unchambered, then you may either need more training, a new holster with better retention, or both.
I own several Glocks and I understand how the safeties work. I understand that a Glock will not fire unless the trigger is pulled. I was simply making the point that the Glock trigger safety is unconventional in that there is no trigger lock out that prevents the gun from firing even if the trigger IS pulled. For this reason, I look at Glocks differently. Terrible weapon for pocket carry or purse carry because something could inadvertently get inside the trigger guard and discharge the weapon. I love Glocks, and I think they are safe when carried holstered and used by someone with some training.

For those making pronouncements on what is the only "right" way to carry. Yeah whatever.
Not trying to insult you or anything. I just meant if a handgun is being concealed or carried, a proper holster with a trigger guard should always be used; even in the pocket (pocket holster) regardless if it's striker or hammer fired.

I agree. They should be carried by people with some training, but that applies to all firearms.