Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by obert View Post

1) I am really upside down on my car that is why I would like to pay it off and can’t trade it in a something cheaper for a cheaper monthly payment.

2) I make good money but nit enough to not be completely house poor. I would be using over 50% of my income on a house payment even with the 20% down.

3) Even now my monthly rent is basically 50% of my income.

Okay,

1) Give me some numbers on the car - seems unlikely that you are that upside down, but I could be wrong. If this is too personal - send me a private message.

2 & 3) I did some basic calculations based on where you live, what a reasonable home price is, reasonable rent, etc. This tells me you are making around $4,000 per month (net of tax). If this is the case, then you cannot afford a home in Seattle and you should move. Less than $50K per year in Seattle is near poverty level. You have an income problem and need to either further your education and get a higher paying job, or move to a new location with a lower cost of living.

I did some research and in Seattle proper, a small decent older home or a nice smallish 2br apartment is gonna run about $350K. 20% down is $70K. That puts a 15 year fixed rate mortgage at around $2,050 per month.

To afford that, you should have a minimum gross annual salary of about $115K to $120K. If you don't make that, then you cannot afford a home at that price point and not struggle.
obert1781.00
vreihen1615205.00