View Single Post
      11-02-2016, 08:39 PM   #45
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atacama Yellow 35i

Just a few more photos, I'm dealing with small stuff as we work through the tuning issues. Here's a quick photo of the 6-pot calipers with the Forgestar F14's.

I went ahead and swapped the rear emblem, which is more in harmony with the carbon fiber bits and red details.

As you can see the front lip spoiler hasn't been installed yet. This is the US Mill Works front license plate bracket. It is very well made.

Folks have been asking about factory black kidney grills. Here's a close-up. The edge is gloss and the slats are matte. They look great. I originally had aftermarket sold for the E89 and they did not fit.

Here's an engine compartment shot. Racing Dynamics just came out with the carbon fiber cover. The oil cap is X1 plastic cap with X1 red billet aluminum sleeve. The strut bar is Luxon.

I don't like the turn markers at all on any Z4. Honestly I think the LCI chrome bits is a further huge gaffe, and don't understand why one would want to put even more crap on the side of the car. So with that said, I'm lucky my car is yellow. I removed the side markers (which is a complete pain in the butt without breaking them) and shot them with a "stained glass" translucent yellow finish. At least they blend more into the car.

While on lighting a few other details. I switched out the regular bulbs with cool white LEDs. As well the ground illumination is the BMW Motorsport ///M logo. The pedals (not a good photo) are aluminum and rubber ///M pedals, which slip on, instead of the traditional screw in kind (which are a pain in the butt). The slip-on pedals fit very well.

Back to dealing with the coding.

Filippo

Last edited by fmorelli; 11-03-2016 at 02:03 AM..
Appreciate 2
jts1981212.50