02-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #10
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck76 View Post
I am in line with DINAN for them to reprogram my ECU and they want the car for 2 weeks to test.

So my car will be a test bench. They told me I would get the DINAN badge when I asked for it...which is odd because I know it takes 10 points and now they are willing to give it to me for a ecu update.

I have a little different take on what Dinan may have been doing.

I talked with Steve back in Oct or Nov of '09. It was the first time I met him and he seemed like a very down to earth guy No hype no pretense. Basically what he said (in my words) was that any day of the week he could put the word out and have 3 series guys lined up around the block to have their cars used as test mules for his mods. That was not the case for Z's and X6/X5. For some reason there wasn't as much interest.

The problem is that he needs 4 cars in his area to run his flash for testing purposes before he could release it. That was the problem because he put the word out some time back and only a few people responded and even fewer in his area. My guess is he's willing to offer you the badge as an incentive because he really wants to put out a product that he said would be every bit the same as he's offering for the 335i, including the various stages.

Just my 2 cents. FWIW
Appreciate 0