View Single Post
      05-26-2018, 03:54 AM   #1
vr6er
Rep
Drives: z4 2.0

Standard 6 speaker set up with CIC

Hi all,

I have a 2016 car with the CIC, with the 6 speaker set up and be upgrading the audio. I have done a lot of surfing (other threads on this forum and elsewhere) and have come up with the following:

The standard system is heavily equalised with the rear losing the bass.
The front might also be high passed somewhat.

What gets me is that the wiring diagram shows the woofers wired in parallel with the fronts. If anyone can confirm the wiring diagram is correct and can point at a resource that can help me understand it better, that would be great.

Mikeinaustin points out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinaustin View Post
if you use the fade control to put all the volume to the rear speakers, i notice 2 things:

1) lots of bass still comes out the front lower speakers (in the foot well)
2) the volume out the rear two speakers is low
The only explanation I can come up with is that the fader only operates at mid and higher levels. Moreover, people who fit 3 way systems complain of a bright sound. That made me think the impedance of the woofers is a factor. The sound is probably equalised at the CIC end to allow for an easy to drive 2 Ohm woofer and as soon as you make things harder with 4 ohms the obvious happens. It would be good to understand how this works exactly as it impacts what I'm going to do.

Stage 1 was going to be:
Visation 6.5" woofer WS17E
Visation 4" mid, 4 Ohm, 25W RMS - KT 100 V
Peerless OC TWEETER, 20MM, SILK DOME,NEO
Visation 3-Way Crossover

The thinking was try it without amplification first. Now I'm thinking just do the mids and tweets. What are your thoughts?

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...ystem/HT8AgAEE

Last edited by vr6er; 05-26-2018 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: Got more info and the question changed!
Appreciate 0