11-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #7
twin turbo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
I saw Steve Dinan about a month ago at a local dealership in So Ca. He mentioned they had an e89 on the dyno testing their flash and hoped to have a release before the end of the year.

He also mentioned something else that was interesting, and that was the tune for the n54 in the e89 was not really different than previous versions (i.e., 335i) , and the hp / tq figures should be the same as posted on his site for the other n54 cars. I asked him specifically about BMWs hp limitations for the e89 dct, but he indicated he wasn't really that concerned about it. He said that BMW was very conservative in their ratings, but Dinan has previously exceeded BMWs specs for the dct before. FWIW
I hope he offers a tune for the manual tranny. I am sure most Z4's have DCT's installed and that is what the test car has. I know there were 2 different tunes for the 335 depending on manual or steptronic tranny, different stages too. I figured the tune would be the same except for possible changes to compensate for the active handling throttle steering system (forgot what BMW calls this). I loved the stage 2 tune on my 335, can't wait.
2014 Audi RS5 (sold)
2012 Audi TT RS (sold)
Appreciate 0