View Single Post
      09-01-2022, 12:57 AM   #8
ray7792
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 35is

Not OP but if anyone is curious, I installed my coilovers last weekend and it went alright.

The front struts weren't too bad, I was fortunate that none of my bolts were rusted or seized so everything came out pretty easily. Had to use spring compressors to compress enough so that the entire strut assembly can be taken out of the car without unbolting anything besides the swaybar endlink and collar thingy. Also having the strut spreader socket tool is very helpful to spread the collar thing so that the strut can come out.

The EDC connector plug is in the engine bay, right next the strut housing, its like clipped upside down so you can't see it.

The rears were a pain in the ass because you have to remove like most of the trunk trim lining to access the rear strut tops. But otherwise it's like 2 bolts to undo, the lower strut mount bolt and camber bolt. With some leverage and brute force, the springs will pop out. The EDC connector plug for the rear is right around where the vacuum hose is for the exhaust flap.

Local shop that i trust quoted me 1500 for the install, honestly if it was 1000 I would've taken it to them instead. I'm not sure if its worth the trouble, especially doing the height adjustments, it is extremely annoying....
Appreciate 0