View Single Post
      03-20-2021, 12:08 PM   #52
proboner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLMO View Post
I actually like the stance of your car with the Eibachs. Looking forward to your update and whether the rears get sorted out. My new wheels should be here in June, I'm just afraid of tires rubbing going over bumps and dips.
Found the culprit of the rattle, which was the rear shocks slightly touching the exhaust on bumps. Turned the shocks 180* and problem is fixed.

There is absolutely no worry of your tires rubbing with the Eibachs or any other aftermarket lowering spring. Even with the H&Rs that were surprisingly low, I would only rarely rub the fender liner (which is plastic, so the tires win) and that was with taller/wider than stock diameter tires.

Edit: I would also like to add that since switching to the Eibachs the GF is enjoying the Z4 again, which was really the impetus for this all in the first place. When I first got the car and it was on stock suspension we'd go for rides at night and she would LOVE the 2nd-3rd gear WOT runs and scream with delight. After switching suspension she got very quiet and simply no longer enjoyed the car... everything about it made her nauseous, even and especially WOT acceleration. I took her for a ride soon after swapping to the Eibachs to show her how much better it rode and she once again had very little to say about it. I figured that maybe she'd been in so many different versions by now that it all felt pretty much the same to her, but I knew that for myself the difference was night and day.

Well yesterday we went to pick up lunch that required a drive into an area which was comprised of relatively deserted and twisty roads. I took the top down and drove to our lunch spot. On our way home I opened it up a bit in 2nd gear when leaving the parking lot and the joyful scream came out again. She commented on how it felt like a rollercoaster and gave her a similar tingle in the pit of her stomach and demanded that I do it again! I lined us up on a nice clear straight away and gave her a full 2nd gear pull from 4k through redline and she threw her hands up and screamed in delight. If that's not a win I don't know what is.

Last edited by proboner; 03-21-2021 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 0