View Single Post
      03-15-2021, 11:41 AM   #50
proboner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLMO View Post
Looks great. So eibach are "softer" than the h&r and not quite as aggressive of a drop. What size tires are you running? Thought eibachs are supposed to level off the car more. Thanks for the review interested in what you find re noise in the rear springs but like you said maybe that the springs were settling.
Instead of thinking of it as Eibachs being softer, I'd instead frame it as H&R being stiffer. Eibachs are still likely a bit stiffer than stock, but IMO the H&Rs are prohibitively stiff if continuing to use stock shocks/struts. The shock valving can't keep up with the frequency of the spring which causes it to ride like crap and prematurely wears the shock out.

I'd often heard people claiming that the Eibachs provided a bit more of a raked stance, which I would definitely confirm. H&R definitely provide a better all around lowering, but like I said, I couldn't stand how they rode.

In terms of the noise, I'm really not 100% sure what it is at this point. There's lots of reference to hearing the rear coil bind with KWs, maybe this is similar, but it doesn't sound like that to me. When I initially installed the rear springs I neglected to put the lower rubber spring mount in, which I thought was allowing the springs to move around a bit which was making the noise. However I installed the rubber mounts and the noise persists, albiet to a slightly lesser degree. Maybe they still need a bit more time to situate themselves? I'll certainly have updates in the coming weeks, as I think it's become obvious that I'm a genuine psycho about this.
Appreciate 1
StLMO24.50