View Single Post
      09-22-2023, 07:33 AM   #70
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Then in this case, it's clear that Ham is not even an average driver but benefited from a car that was so fast anyone below avg driver could win in it (i.e. Ros) and a field that lacked any competition from a car standpoint and driver until Max came in and got up to speed.
Alonso, Rosberg, and Button were all great drivers in their own right and all won a Championship lol. Ham beat the previous WCD in his rookie year - won it all in year two.

Max took 7 years, a slower teammate, a faster car AND favorable rules to do the same.

Quote:
Other than Alo, Ham's teammates were never very good and he was never able to put much distance between them which tells me he himself simply didnt have the talent to outdrive below average driver's in the same car and actually lost to Ros which is flat out embarassing.
Again, Lewis beat Alonso in his rookie year, he beat Button, he beat ROS - he beat them all, and all of those people have won a WDC. Max never beat a teammate of that caliber - EVER.

And Lewis "losing" to Ros (which, by the way so did Trash Verstappen) was 100% reliability issues. Lewis had at least 3 DNF due to transmission/car issues. Outside of that, he was more capable - especially considering he continued to win after that year

Quote:
Now, the field is the closest it's ever been where a small mistake could mean the race (ask Ham and Rus as they seem to crack under pressure) and Max has a solid all around good car but nothing dominant - driver ability means much more now. That is where Max not only dusts his teammate but the entire field.
The field isn't close at all - RB was winning by 10+ seconds a race with 1-2 Finishes, and Perez, who is average at best was flying by the rest of the field.

Max fans are strange. If that goofy looking white nationalist is your god, man you're going to have a bad time soon.