View Single Post
      12-07-2018, 05:14 PM   #1
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

@@@HELP: Newly-replaced battery issues!!!@@@

Anyone experience prbs after changing their battery? Not sure if coincidence but afterwards the trunk light failed to work. Supposedly, the tech said it was not related, so they performed further diagnostics since a new bulb didn't work, suggesting some cable link breakage. After accessing the area underneath the trunk lid, they said that something inside was defective and hence caused the bulb light malfunction. It also now caused the trunk to not fully close, i.e. you know that motor noise one hears to seal the remaining small gap after the lid is closed? It no longer does that. So now instead of having the lightbulb issue fixed, I now have an ADDITIONAL prb of a failed latch!

Who do you think should be responsible for the light and now failed latch prbs? Apparently, a new whole console (because the BMW engineers are 'geniuses' and I can't just replace the broken part) costs well over CAD1,100! At first they wanted to disavow any responsibility, saying the console was defective anyway, that's why the bulb died, and it's proven because the latch doesn't work now, since the console controls both functions. To me, it doesn't make sense, I'm just going to take their word for it? All I know is that the latch was fine when I went for service and only the bulb wasn't working. In any event, shouldn't they be careful taking apart my car and be liable for any damage? They make it sound like the console was already fragile and just because the tech had to access it, it's not their fault the latch now doesn't work. Doesn't sound fair or reasonable to me.

Please help if you have any advice. TIA. Work done at BMW dealer.

Last edited by tranquility; 12-07-2018 at 05:35 PM..
Appreciate 0