View Single Post
      04-24-2018, 04:28 PM   #21
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
That's Petrolicious for you (who by the way, does not actually produce the videos that are shared via their platform with their name on them). When Petrolicious started 5-6 years ago I was excited about a new automotive enthusiast's hub. I couldn't have been more wrong. The website has transitioned to a monetized platform which seems prioritize the sale of overpriced automotive cosplay gear above all else (gloves, artwork, coffee and watches with no real lineage).

I thought this video of Lisa's 2002 was nice, and I really enjoyed her 1600 on Jay Leno's Garage, but it's getting harder and harder to swallow Petrolicious content and their vain attempts to portray themselves purveyors of refined automotive taste.
Who do you think shoots & edits if it's not Petrolicious? Also, I see nothing wrong with monetization. That's how these folks make a living. Bimmerpost monetizes too, whether you're aware of it or not. As a matter of fact, you can't have companies thriving if they're not able to monetize.

When it comes to lineage, you can't build one if you don't start. Playing devil's advocate here