United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Z4 sDrive 35i 6MT

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hi all,

Considering letting go of my Z4. New baby at home and just don't have time anymore to get out like I used to and I hate to see my car just sitting there.

Here are the details:

2013 35i. Black exterior, red interior.

6 speed manual
M Sport package
Cold weather package (heated seats and steering wheel)
Navigation package (iDrive)
Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
Reverse camera
Stock PDC (parking sensors)
Dinan Stage 3 tune
Custom made M performance illuminated shift knob
SmartTop
LCI retrofitted headlights and side turn signals (done right, with necessary coding)
Adaptive headlights
Coded to have digital speedometer
437M replica wheels (to replace cracked 296 stock wheels)
Brake calipers painted red
car cover
New battery
Brand new rear tires

The catch… the roof has an issue where about 1:10 operations, it fails to open correctly. The back glass stacks on top of the metal roof and the pair don't lift and drop back into the trunk unless they're given a nudge by hand. The top always closes correctly.

I have spent a considerable amount of money trying to resolve the issue even though it is mostly just an inconvenience (I have never had the top get stuck open or closed).

Things I have done. Complete replacement of the top hydraulic harness (2021). Refurbishment of the hydraulic pump (2019). Replacement of salmon relays every 2 years.

Our Zpost top expert RobbiZ4 thinks replacing the coupling lock microswitches is the next thing to try, which seems pretty inexpensive (less than $100 for the microswitches). Just need the time and space to do it. I have instructions both from BMW and RobbiZ4 (that I would share with his permission).

Also… potentially related… the back glass defroster does not work (but did prior to the harness replacement… maybe it got disconnected?).

Well there you have it. A pretty awesome Z4 with one skeleton in the closet.

Let me know if interested.

Charlotte, NC. Owned free and clear. Clean title.

Appreciate 1