View Single Post
      11-24-2022, 12:58 PM   #809
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
After we tax payers bailed GM out, she jacked GM's debt right back up to $100M betting on an all-EV future and autonomous driving pods (Bolts). GM's biggest problem is its quality persona, which at this point is 3-decades old news IMO. If I had the helm, I'd have gone with a Malibu sized Voltec model and an Equinox EV (she's doing that one) to start off. I'm not sure EV pickup trucks are going to sustain the investment; it seems to me EV pickups have limitations for real workday use cases. That's why she gets the Big Bucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakystyly View Post
Sure some light duty company fleets may convert to EV but the majority will still be mall crawlers like the current gas market. They're likely seeing Ford's success with focusing their efforts on light trucks and wanting their share too.
Those companies might think twice now. Prices for Silverado EV Work Truck in 3WT and 4WT trim came out last week. Only difference between the trims is pack size. $80k for a work truck.

3WT - $72,905
4WT - $77,905

How exactly does GM plan a on making the 1WT trim at $39k. My guess they make handful of them initially and then raise 1WT trim at least $10k.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17363.50