View Single Post
      03-15-2021, 11:09 AM   #2026
strohw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 19 Versys 1000, 20 KTM 690 SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
I'm gonna chime in here finally now that I have driven one...
Drove a 2020 Supra on track Saturday and an M2 Comp also back-to-back. Supra has softer suspension, terrible visibility, was tight quarters for me (I'm a tiny 5'4" person) having to sit pretty far forward to reach the pedals, and had terrible buffeting at 80+ mph with the windows down... I Much preferred the M2C. Interiors are nearly identical but the Toyota had cheaper feeling steering wheel leather.
With proper coilovers the Supra would probably be better, but stock for stock I would take the M2.
That's what most of the reviews say. The Supra out of the box is balanced more for street/track. It has softer suspension and is more comfortable for daily driving than the M2c. Stock for stock there is an 7k difference in new pricing assuming comparable features. Used pricing with similar mileage is about a 5-6k difference.

If we move away from stock vs stock and evaluate on pricing then it works out like this. Drop springs and an adjustable front sway bar can be bought and installed for $1k or less and drastically closes the gap in handling between the two cars. This also minimally effects street comfort. The wind buffeting issue has aftermarket solutions that greatly reduce the effect for under $50. So new price difference with greatly reduced buffeting and very comparable handling is 4-5k used and about 6k new.

Last edited by strohw; 03-15-2021 at 11:18 AM..
Appreciate 1
Kelse921131.50