View Single Post
      02-24-2017, 11:57 AM   #17
jts1981
Captain
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
And, no, "setting it back to stock" doesn't mean they can't tell your car has been tuned. When you suffer a catastrophic failure, BMW will, more often than not, start digging into you ECU logs. You can Magnusson-Moss me all you want, but at the end of the day it's on YOU to prove it and why would want to fight that battle? Now if your car isn't under warranty and you can pay to play, then absolutely MHD/JB4 the fuck out of it.
Fun Fact...MHD and COBB copy you're complete ecu so when you revert back to stock it'll be as the moment you flashed it. Dinan is "ok" software, and extremely overpriced. And also you're not going to blow your motor with a off the shelf tune and a fmic unless you're driving around with no oil, or something equally foolish. Anyways its your car, do what ever the fuck you want with it. My point was that if you're going to run a stage 3 tune w/o intercooler you'll experience overheating and limp mode if you plan on doing spirited driving.

Look at my signature. I'm heavily modded and still go to the dealer for warranty maintenance. My dealer is good about that.
GC LITES / BQ TUNE / MHD / FUEL IT BT ECA / WALBRO 525 LPFP / KW V3 / E9X M3 CONTROL ARMS / TURNER REAR CAMBER ARMS / RE BUSHINGS / H&R SWAYS / LUXON STRUTBAR / VRSF 7.5" FMIC / ER CP / TIAL BOV / VTT IN/OUTLETS / AFE PRO5R INTAKE / AR C.L. DP / BMS OCC / RB PVC / CF LIP + SIDE + SPOILER + DIFFUSER / IND REFLECTORS / BLK GRILLS / STUBBY / PB BBK / Forgestar F14 F: 19x9 et35 R: 19x10 et38/ Michelin PSS F: 245/35/19 R: 275/30/19
Appreciate 0