View Single Post
      01-10-2015, 10:04 PM   #1
bimmerlover17
Rep
Drives: 335i soon

Should I be rewarded with a car for my hard work?

Ok for starters, I am not a spoiled brat who is yelling at his parents to buy him a $60000 sports car or even $30000 (just wanted to clear that up). So I am currently 15 years old and I am going to need a car soon to get around places. I have to go to school and my job. My job is a referee so I need to travel all over the place so it isn t something that I can use a bike for.
Time for the serious part. I am currently in a very unconventional high school. It is for gifted children who excel at school and skip high school to go straight for college. This is known as dual enrollment. Instead of only taking one college class a year like most dual enrollment programs, I am taking 5-6 classes a semester. So I take 15 credits a semester for three years for free. My high school is funded by the college to pay for our classes and books and everything else. I excel even in the college. I have gotten all A s my first three semesters except for 1 B in ENC 1101 (pretty good for a 15 year old). I have done the math and I will be saving my parents around $56000 because of dual enrollment. I currently have 3.96 gpa at the college level and a 4.96 at the high school level. If I do so well in school a am saving them so much money shouldn't I be rewarded with a car? My parents agreed with me that a fun car for 15 grand that has a few miles on it would be a lot more fun than a new civic. I can handle the power also because I have been practicing on my dads e46 m3 (its a manual) so it would be fun to have a nice and fast dd. I have already told them I will pay for insurance and maintenance and all the mods since I am looking at an evo 8 or e90 328i. I make about 5-9 grand a year so I can definitely pay for it. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by bimmerlover17; 01-10-2015 at 10:33 PM..
Appreciate 0