View Single Post
      11-28-2022, 07:10 PM   #901
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
It seems to me you're suggesting that i'm implying when 2030 or 2035 comes, the moment midnight strikes, and everyone says, "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!", then POOF, every single ICE car on the road or in someone's garage magically vanishes.
You were mentioning the loss of established products, and by proxy the tech and engineering that supports it. It isn't going away, merely shifting as the goal posts keep getting moved. They will move back again (as they have numerous times in the past) as they realize you can't force this stuff to evolve and work well with just a bunch of optimism, good will, and strong words.

Quote:
I am saying you will see a gigantic swing come 2030 where it leans heavily on EV taking the majority of the roads. While i don't doubt MANY will still own or keep an ICE in their possession (like i am), the fact of the matter is EV will be dominating ICE come 2030.
Good luck on that bet.

Quote:
And again as each year that comes and goes, car maker's EV fleet grows and the option for ICE from that car maker shrinks. There is no ifs ands or buts about it.
There are, but we've already disused those iffs and butts ad-nauseum.

Quote:
If car makers will want to say fuck you govt, we're not making EV's. Then guess what? When EPA keeps increasing the average MPG, car makers will have no choice BUT to jump on the bandwagon.
No car maker will say such a thing, but some will follow Toyota and enthusiastically do both.

Quote:
Battery technology is already improving, ironically that process is accelerating rapidly ever since the "2035 gas ban". Car makers always had the know how to do this, they just needed that kick in the ass to do so.
The very first car was an EV, it's had a long time to evolve. It has yet to take over.

Quote:
It will come whether you like it or not. You can discuss to your eyes bleed but all you're doing is giving yourself and those who are reading false reassurance to help you sleep better at night.
cue more strawman arguments.

Quote:
2035 is a long way. You have time to cherish your ICE. And even when that 2035 year comes and you can't buy your M3, M8, corvette, or whatever with that awesome ICE engine, then hey there's still a used market.
There will also be a new ICE market in 2035, and you can't stop that either. Not unless you can change the laws of physics anyway, but listening to your list of skills and accomplishments, you just might be the guy to do that.
Appreciate 1
kyriian884.50