11-28-2022, 06:58 PM   #900
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
They are trying to hit the ever-moving target.

Do you think we will forget how to make them? That's all settled science ; been there, done that. None of it is hinging on some as yet uninvited solution. Just break out the engineering docs, send some blue prints to the foundry and start cranking them out.

The target will move again, and ICE's will be part of the solution long after 2035. Mass adoption of EV's is inevitable, but so are classic ICE's and hybrids.

Built with unobtanium? The current Lithium Ion battery tech was first invented 60 years ago, is is just now maturing. How long will this unobtanium battery take to mature?

And first you have to invent it....
It seems to me you're suggesting that i'm implying when 2030 or 2035 comes, the moment midnight strikes, and everyone says, "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!", then POOF, every single ICE car on the road or in someone's garage magically vanishes.

I am saying you will see a gigantic swing come 2030 where it leans heavily on EV taking the majority of the roads. While i don't doubt MANY will still own or keep an ICE in their possession (like i am), the fact of the matter is EV will be dominating ICE come 2030.

And again as each year that comes and goes, car maker's EV fleet grows and the option for ICE from that car maker shrinks. There is no ifs ands or buts about it.

If car makers will want to say fuck you govt, we're not making EV's. Then guess what? When EPA keeps increasing the average MPG, car makers will have no choice BUT to jump on the bandwagon.

Battery technology is already improving, ironically that process is accelerating rapidly ever since the "2035 gas ban". Car makers always had the know how to do this, they just needed that kick in the ass to do so.

It will come whether you like it or not. You can discuss to your eyes bleed but all you're doing is giving yourself and those who are reading false reassurance to help you sleep better at night.

2035 is a long way. You have time to cherish your ICE. And even when that 2035 year comes and you can't buy your M3, M8, corvette, or whatever with that awesome ICE engine, then hey there's still a used market.